- Wash the broccoli head under the spray thingy on the sink.
- Cut the florets off the big tough stem.
- Drop them into a microwave safe dish.
- Add a Tablespoon or two of water to the dish.
- Add a couple of Tablespoons of butter on top of the broccoli.
- Cover with a microwave safe lid – or plastic wrap. I use a dish with a glass lid that doesn’t seal so it is vented a bit and won’t explode. If you use plastic wrap, poke a few holes to vent.
- Place the container with the broccoli inside in your microwave and set it full power about 4-6 minutes. Test the broccoli with a fork. It should easily puncture the vegetable.
- Remove from the microwave. Sprinkle with salt.
- Spoon on some Monterrey Jack Queso. I purchased a jar from the chip isle.
I have a scaled down recipe for broccoli cheese soup you might enjoy. I remember choosing broccoli cheese soup in the school cafeteria. It was one of my favorite things to eat there (when they weren’t offering Frito chili pie!)
Easy, right? Now follow me over to see some other broccoli challenge recipes.
And if you really want to make your own White Queso Dip...
Melt these ingredients together in a crock pot and after you eat all you can with chips pour some over your steamed vegetables.
- 1 pound shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 -8 oz brick cream cheese
- 1 -8 oz container sour cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes (mild or hot)