I moved a dark red table from the entry to the serving area and strung some light colored tulle and ribbon for a banner backdrop. I used multi colored sandwich plates and yellow napkins. The table set up was part of my DIY pedestal food plate project post. But on to what you came for, the menu and recipes!
Easy Low Calorie Lunch Menu
- Caprice appetizers
- Baby carrots
- Tuna salad on deli Bulbous rolls
- Layered Raspberry gelatin dessert
AppetizersThe Caprice appetizers are the easiest ever. Simply use toothpicks to skewer a grape tomato and cube of mozzarella cheese inside a Basil leaf. Before serving, drizzle with Balsamic Vinaigrette. Add a few skewered olives for another delicious touch. A colorful vegetable like baby carrots will go well with this diet friendly plate too.
Layered Raspberry Gelatin DessertA day before the lunch make some sugar free raspberry gelatin according to package instructions. Distribute the gelatin into individual dessert glasses and allow it to gel. When you’re ready to set them out add some lite whipped cream and fresh raspberries. If you have some fresh mint handy, put a little sprig on top.
Tuna Salad Sandwiches
Gourmet Tuna Salad Sandwich
Prep Time: 10 min
Ingredients (4 sandwiches)
- 2 packages, 12 oz. chunk lite tuna in water
- 1/3 cup lite mayonnaise with olive oil
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons chopped nuts (Walnut or Pecan)
- 1 Tablespoon finely diced onion (I used white but use your favorite)
- 4 Bakery rolls of your choice (I love the Bolillos Rolls at Walmart)
- Spray can of olive oil or butter flavored oil
- 1 apple of your choice (my favorite is Honeycrisp)
- Fresh Spinach leaves
- Olives as garnish
Combine all the ingredients down to the bread.
Slice the rolls lengthwise for sandwiches.
Spray the cut sides of the bread with olive oil or butter flavored oil. If you don't have the spray can type you can brush on some olive oil or melted butter.
You can toast the bread open face if you like.
Place several spinach leaves to make a bed on the bread.
Use a 1/3 cup measure to scoop a portion of tuna salad onto the spinach leaves.
Shake a little salt and course ground pepper on top.
Layer on a thin slice of apple.
Sprinkle with a few chopped nuts.
Spear 3 olives on a toothpick into the apple or on the top piece of roll.
Powered by Recipage