"We do not want a house at the top of a hill!".
|View of the town from our house at the top of the hill!|
that I added to the room just to put my stamp on it
and none of them were difficult to do.
1. Bath Door SignNow it is easy enough to tell anyone that the bathroom is the door facing you at the end of the hallway and they shouldn't get lost but isn't it nice just to have a pretty little sign on the door? I went on ebay (as I love to do) and found some nice door signs and got three to match: one for my bathroom, one for the back toilet and one for my study.
2. Bath PillowFor someone who loves to take a bath and lie there reading a book then a bath pillow is a great addition. I had a plain white one that I had got a few years ago but it was starting to look like it was not so comfortable as a pillow so I got myself a new one. One that makes me smile when I go into the bathroom and not just when I'm enjoying my bath.
3. Candle JarI would love it if my husband was the very romantic type who loved to light candles around the house but I have to admit he is not and when I do light candles he is usually heard to say
"don't forget to put that thing out before you leave the room".I am not the greatest crafty type person but will sometimes throw things together and that is exactly what I did here. I had bought a large glass vase/jar thing one time a couple of years before leaving Belgium but had no real idea of what I wanted to do with it but when I saw that bathroom it sprung to mind along with the coloured sand I had bought another time and the kind of wood chips I had bought on yet another occasion. Of course I am always buying candles if they are cheap and as my husband is not the greatest candle lover they usually lie in a cupboard for years so I knew I had a couple of large ones so why not put those things together and have a Candle Jar in the bathroom.
4. Conch ShellWe went to the Bahamas for our 25th Wedding Anniversary Trip. It was one of the best trips we have ever had, lots of smiles and laughs and other things which might make their way into a Travel blog post someday or become A Dose of Encouragement post. While we were there we saw some beautiful Conch Shells and I decided I wanted to bring one home so we packed it very carefully in our beach towels and happily it did not get broken on the journey back. It sat nicely in our bathroom in Londonderry, Northern Ireland for a few years and then was in our ensuite in Belgium for our time there. So it was a natural addition to our newest bathroom and there is plenty of space for it on the wash hand basin.
5. "Believe" PlaqueI love to go into craft shops or little miscellaneous shops and one day I saw this
"whatever did you buy that for?"
after it has been sitting in the kitchen for a long while.But then one day while I was in the bathroom I realised that the inside of the door was one of the places probably most looked at because of the position of the toilet and the bath and I thought I should put something on it to make it less boring. And of course the "Believe" Sign popped into my mind and it now has a home. This makes me smile whatever I am doing in the Bathroom. This has two uses: it is a useful bathroom sign for visitors to make them think and not be so bored and also a piece of decor for the room.
So I really did make the Bathroom feel more like MINE because it makes me smile when I enter and I really enjoy my long soaks in the bath surrounded by happy memories and my things.Is there some way you have made your bathroom Yours? Or perhaps another room?