Stuffed jalapeño, meatloaf slider, 9 layer dip, potato skin, baked fried pie, chocolate strawberriesWe Americans do love our football. I’m more about the commercials and food than the game, especially when it’s not a very exciting game like the XLVIII Super Bowl game. What I thought was a party for two happily became a party for three when big girl grand came by on her way home from work. Here are some of the recipes for the appetizer/finger food Sunday night we shared.
Meatloaf Sliders recipe click here
1 pre baked potato per person
- 1 Pepper Jack Cheese stick per potato
- 1 slice cooked and crumbled bacon per potato
- Salt & pepper
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese for topping
- Sour cream for topping
- Green onion topping
- Scrub clean and Pre bake small potatoes
- Slice potatoes in half length wise. Scoop out some of the potato to make a little well in the center of each half. Salt and pepper.
- Layer in 1/2 of a cheese stick, 1/2 slice bacon and broil in the oven 10 minutes. Add desired toppings, serve hot.
- Refried beans, chopped avocados, sour cream mixed with taco seasoning, salsa, cheese dip (from the chip isle), chopped black olives, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, green onion tops
- Layer ingredients on a serving platter or in individual containers. Serve cold with chips.
- 1 whole jalapeño per person. Slice lengthwise, remove seeds and white membrane.
- stuff with your favorite cheese or other ingredients. These are stuffed with corn bread mix + 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn.
- Bake 375° F 10 minutes.
Chocolate dipped football strawberries
- Wash and dry strawberries.
- In a coffee cup, melt 1/2 cup candy melts or chocolate chips with a teaspoon vegetable oil in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds. Stir vigorously with a spoon till smooth.
- Dip strawberries in chocolate and allow to harden on wax paper.
- Use white icing in a tube to draw on football lacings.
Baked “fried” apple pies recipe post 2/17 click here