The holiday season is here! Our family will have a fried turkey and most likely a baked one too along with my Grandmother’s cornbread dressing. Today... I'm sharing this great side dish using Zucchini & Yellow Squash and of course...bacon!
I’ve been thinking of ways to make a carb friendly side dish for this year. Tonight’s test is a winner and may end up on the menu. I am a big fan of squash of all types and of course bacon makes everything better. Please let me know if you try the recipe and what changes you made that I can consider. As it is written, it is pretty tasty, but I love hearing of additional ways to make a dish, so please-share!
Zucchini, Yellow Crook Neck Squash and Bacon Side Dish
This recipe was made for 2-4 servings but can easily be doubled or tripled
- 1 Zucchini, washed and sliced 1/2”
- 1 Yellow Crook Neck Squash, washed and sliced 1/2”
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 2 slices of bacon, cut into small bite size pieces
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut bacon into small bite size pieces. Brown in a skillet coated with a film of olive oil.
- Add diced onion to the skillet and cook till caramelized.
- Stir in the squash. Cover skillet and cook over medium heat about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove lid, stir mixture and allow squash to brown slightly (about 10 minutes). Salt and pepper as desired.