- Radio on, peppy music playing.
- Make the cleaning mixture in a 1 quart spray bottle.
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Top off the bottle with tap water.
- Gently shake or stir.
- Remove everything from the fridge.
- Discard expired items
- Combine multiple containers of the same items.
- Use ice chest coolers to keep things cool or frozen while you work.
- Remove the racks and wash them down in the sink with the spray mixture.
- Remove the crisper drawers and clean them in the sink.
- Wipe down the walls and doors with the cleaning solution.
- Use a dry towel to give the interior a final wipe down.
- Organize items as you put them back in the fridge.
- Now the freezer compartment.
Doesn't that feel better? While cleaning out the freezer I grouped meats, vegetables, fruits, breads into baskets that snugly fit my freezer shelves. I also made a list of the items I had forgotten were in there for next weeks menu.
Now, I think I'll bake some oatmeal cookies to empty that container and make more space.