My hubs loves salmon burgers and I love that I can make this meal plus a side soup in 30 minutes. I like to make this meal when we want to eat lightly but want something hot and hearty. Making a 30 minute meal comes in handy for me when I have spent too much time playing in the garden, on the computer or out shopping! Throw in a sweet creamy butternut squash soup and we’re both happy campers. Do you have a 30 minute dinner you use a lot?
- 1 large can quality pink salmon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6-8 crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt & pepper
- Remove skin and bones from canned salmon.
- Stir all ingredients together and form burger size patties. Fry in about 1/2” hot oil for 3 minutes on each side.
- Sometimes I throw in 1/2 cup corn kernels, it is a really nice addition.
- Serve on toasted buns with lettuce and salad dressing.
Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 box creamy butternut soup
- 1 cup mixed vegetables
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix ingredients together in a small saucepan over medium heat until hot. Serve with seasoned croutons and salmon burger or sandwich of your preference.