Some mornings you just know are going to be busy so you need a ready to go breakfast. My sister introduced me to this easy breakfast recipe that can be made the night or days ahead. Sausage biscuits are great on a Saturday morning next to the coffee along with some fresh fruit as a quick fix before the mid morning brunch or as a late night snack in front of the fireplace and teenagers like to grab them on their way out the door.
- 2 Cups dry biscuit mix (purchased or make your own)
- 1 (5 oz.) Kraft Old English sharp pasteurized process cheese spread
- 1 hand full (about 1/2 cup) shredded cheese (what ever you have)
- 1 small tube breakfast sausage (mild or hot, your choice)
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly. Form little biscuit shapes and place on a cookie sheet. I usually spray the cookie sheet with oil, but I don’t think you have to.
- Bake 12-15 minutes at 350° F. Store in a covered container when they are cooled.