Here is a great summer side dish that is always popular at pot luck gatherings. I cut it down to a reasonable size for a family dinner today.
Broccoli Bacon Salad
- 2 cups broccoli crowns, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Bacon vinaigrette dressing
- 1/2 cup light olive oil mayo (or just mayo)
Bacon Vinaigrette dressing:
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 C sugar
- Bacon drippings I had from baking a package of bacon.