With all the heavy, calorie laden BBQ, potato salads, pie, cake and ice cream during the summertime you may need something light and cool. Here is a simple, easy fruit salsa for Fourth of July when it’s hot and you need a little something sweet. I just like having fruit in different ways so this salsa is great for us and the grands love it too. You may need to make extra chips for kids.
- 1 quart of strawberries, washed, cored, rough chopped
- 1 pint of blueberries, washed
- 1 kiwi, peeled, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- a handful of mint, washed and roughly chopped (I had chocolate mint in the garden) You can also use Cilantro.
- 3-4 Tablespoons of honey mixed with 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- Salt & pepper to taste