The main character is a seven year old with thought processes adults find it hard to reach. She is described as different and it is her differences that make you love her to the end. The story is a journey of fairy tales and discoveries as she delivers letters of apologies to some amazing characters in this book. There are so many quotable lines I started writing them down on the back cover and tweeting them out through Facebook.
This Young Adult novel is a fabulous read for everyone. In an era and country where we are pushing our children to be understanding and tolerant of others differences this book explains the why behind it. Bullies beware, you may find all of us who are “different” united and standing together for our right to be just that, different.
I rated it 5 stars
- *Young Adult Novel: Pretty clean reading with a smattering of curse words
- *Would I reccomend it? Yes, I’d share my copy with my mom or my daughter
- *Believable? Yes, a believable fiction novel with plenty of humor and quotable lines
- *Susseccsful author? Fredrik Backman has a proven record of success: wrote a New York Times best seller, A Man Called OVE
- *Would I re-read it? Yes and I truly hope a movie is made – I’ll be first in line to see it.
ISBN 978-1-5011-4661-9 (pbk)
ISBN 978-1-5011-1508-0 (e-book)
If you’d like to make your own Super Hero Cape, here’s some super easy, super cheap instructions you can follow in less than an hour!